Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 1 has passed...

Dear Doll-face,

I went to the interview, and sadly it is only seasonal work.  This blows.  However they said if they were interested in me, they would call back early this week for the second round of interviewing.  I will not turn down any job, however if I get another interview while I'm there, for full time or non-seasonal, I'm going to have to take it.

I put in another application this evening.  I was able to just relax and not worry about job hunting over the weekend, I knew no one would be in.. however tomorrow is Monday and it's time to get back on the horse. I applied at a bank, there is another place that I am VERY interested in who are hiring a fresh round of employees now too... sadly they aren't going to start their training process until December.  If they were all I got it would be frustrating to go an entire month without a job, but they are someone I actually WANT to work for... not just someone I WOULD work for.

I keep hoping tomorrow my phone will start just ringing off the hook with calls about interviews. I keep hoping to wake up and not be unemployed.  I've lost all motivation. My anxiety sky rockets at night, when my body is anxious to do something.. anything.. I keep telling myself I will start the piles of laundry, clean up the house... make use of this time.  Instead I am paralyzed.  We need to BUY things... those things cost money... and my last paycheck comes Wednesday.. it will only be a partial check.  Maybe 200$ if I'm lucky.

I guess the good news is, is that if we can make it through November, I have until January 1st before I we are flat broke and screwed.  I just don't think I can last another week of wondering if I'll get a job.

Last week I told myself I would have something by Friday.. I did manage to get an interview.. and that was epic.. now hopefully this week I can do one step better and actually land something.

No comments:

Post a Comment