Sunday, February 17, 2013

Teh Flu

Dear Doll-face

I have had the flu.  It has been terrible.  I ended up getting kicked out of work Friday and calling into work today because I have been so sick.  I think by tomorrow morning I will be strong enough to work my short shifts though.  I'm still coughing and blowing my nose, but the chills are gone, and I am so sick of laying in bed.

Your big brother ended up having to try and force feed me soup yesterday, I was too weak to hold the bowl up.  I maybe at half of it before I just gave up and fell back asleep.  After I called in sick at about 5am and puked up all the medicine I tried to take, I slept until around 11 and for the first time I felt a little bit refreshed.  I still feel sick, but I don't feel like I'm going to die, so this is a major bonus.

I just hate that I had to miss work... but my manager wasn't mad at me, and I think it's because I've been picking up so many extra hours that she understood.  Not to mention we've had sick individuals at the house, so sick that she caught it from them too.  She probably just assumes that I caught the same thing from being around them so much.

That's probably true.

For the most part, the cats have kept me company for hours at a time.  Sometimes I'll only have one of them, other times I'll have all three in bed with me. It's been comforting to have them around and listening to them purr.

Your brother has been a saint, at 2am I got lonely and upset so I went into the blue bedroom and fell asleep while he played video games.  I woke up to him curled up asleep on the foot of that bed with me hours later. He's still asleep there now, but I left him when I called in sick.  He doesn't need these germs, and he needs the rest so he doesn't come down with this next.

Okay, so I'm still not well, and I can tell because I am getting really tired and all I've done is type this and click a few links on reddit.. so I am going to go back to bed for a while.

Take care of yourself. We miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment