Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Employment, the movie?

Dear Doll-face,

This has to be quick because I actually need to leave for work soon, but I realized I didn't update you Monday night because there wasn't too terribly much to say at that point.. and I didn't update you yesterday because I was asleep by 7pm.  Hahaha.. I'm so tired.

You see, for the next two weeks most of my training will be sitting in a classroom and getting lessons on Negligence, Maltreatment, HIPPA, and other policies.  This means I sit in a room for 6 to 8 hours straight. It's completely enthralling.  Totally.

I am excited about today, despite knowing that today I have a 4 hour lesson on HIPAA... because TODAY I go to the house I'll be working in and meet the residents that live there for the first time.  Because I know things about the health care industry, I don't have to sit and listen to the HIPAA speech to know that I will NEVER be able to tell you which home I work in. I will also NEVER be able to tell you my clients names.  So if I ever get to the point where I am talking about them, they will all have nick names, and there will never be specifics about their illnesses or troubles here.  Sorry. It's a truth. But I am excited to meet them, and nervous as all get out.

There are actually 12 people in my orientation training group, and only one of them is being targeted for the same home as I am.  She doesn't seem so friendly, so I'm not really sure if that means we're going to be the kind of people that carpool or not yet.  But since we are only driving to a local house, and not a home in a neighboring town, I think we'll be okay either way.  I've even started to make friends.  It's weird, I know.

I think everything is going to start getting better now.. I really do.

I love you and miss you!! And with any luck my TB test will come back clear this morning I will still have this job tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment