Tuesday, December 18, 2012

PAY DAY!

Dear Doll-face,

I haven't received a pay check since November 7th, until today. I am so excited! I am super crazy excited.  It's only half of what I used to get, but that's because it was for just one week.  I also know that once I actually get off pre-service my pay checks will get lower again, until I either transfer to a full time position in another house, or unless I fill in at other homes. Either way, I can finish buying a couple Christmas gifts, and save the rest to pay for the up coming bills since all of our roommates are moving out in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I work a late night tonight, until 9 pm, then I go back in for another classroom day tomorrow at 9 am.  Friday night is my big over night, so Thursday I work from 3 to 9 again... I'll have to stay up late Thursday, and sleep in Friday.. this worries me I have been waking up at 7:20 am like clock work. But I'll need the extra Z's to make it through Friday, and then have to reset Saturday pretty quick for the Holiday.

It's not feeling much like Christmas around here, I'm hoping tomorrow night and on I can sort of force myself into some holiday happy. I've got some things I need to accomplish before the big day, so I really need to get a move on.

I'm also sort of hoping Michael and I get gifted enough Christmas cash to be able to visit Ryan for new years, if that's still a thing we are doing. We'll see I guess.  I've been combing through photos and memories of this year and trying to put together a decent resolution for that as well.  Last year I told myself I would take this year one day at a time, and I think I need to keep trying on that one.  I still worry about things too much, and I put a lot of pressure on things I can't control... so I will have to carry it over.  I'm also thinking of  making myself a "Happy Thoughts" jar.  The idea is that once a day you write down something GOOD that happened, and you put it in the jar with the date.  As the year goes on it gets fuller, and eventually you'll have a jar of good memories and events.

Maybe you should make one of these too.  I think it'd be a good idea.  Write down one thing everyday... even it's as simple as "took a hot shower" or "ate my favorite food."  I'll make mine and post it for you to see once it's ready. I think it'd be good for both of us to remember to cherish the little things, especially when things are rough.

Anyway, I need to grab myself a sandwich and run out the door, I've got classroom at 1pm.  Hopefully we get out of there on time and I can get to my house by 3 like we are supposed to.

Take care of yourself, miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment