Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Needle and the Nail

Dear Doll-face,



It has been two weeks since I last wrote to you, I'm sorry.  So much has happened.  My job status is in the air, I'll know soon what kind of employment I'm working with.

My managers daughter wore an ugly homecoming dress.  I'm told it looked better on her than the hanger... but I still have doubts.
I think it's ugly... super ugly.

And lastly, as you know.. my grandfather passed.

He mostly listened to country music, but around the time I learned to drive this song was super popular, and he absolutely loved it. I also remember how much he loved to sit out on the porch with the dogs, or hung out in the back of the garage in the work shop he made for himself.  It's still mostly untouched.  I think it will be a while before mom or I gets back there.

We had a memorial service, and afterwards the VFW guys preformed Military honors. He was a quarter master back in his day and is a registered life long member.  Mom was presented with a flag, and the casings from the rifle shots were split among family members.  I have a small shadow box that holds a ribbon from one of his funeral flower spreads, a photo of him in his full dress uniform, and one of the casings.

My method of coping was called "Frozen Raspberry"
After the funeral and later that evening we all went out to dinner.  We all had our own methods of coping with the day.  Michael and I made the tedious drive back to home this afternoon.. I've got one more day off before I need to fall back into line at work.  I think I'm going to just keep to myself and relax for one more day.

Take care of yourself.. we miss you a whole bunch.  Remember that we love you.




Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment