Saturday, March 9, 2013

Poor Tail/Poor Us/Poor Bank Account.

Dear Doll-face,

So we have spent almost 400 dollars in two weeks on one cat.  This didn't include the second surgery, they didn't have the amount when we picked him up so they told us to come back later and pay.  That's going to have to wait until Tuesday when I get my pay check and after we pay our bills.  Even then we may need to set up a payment plan for it.  I'm expecting at least another 250 in vet bills between the second surgery and his next urine analysis from his UTI/Kidney stones to make sure they are indeed clearing up.  So, our bank account is quickly draining.

Poor us, grandma and grandpa are coming to visit Sunday for my birthday.. and I've felt terrible.  One of my individuals is sick, and I think I am catching it.

Poor tail.  He slept in the downstairs room alone last night.  We can't trust him without supervision.  We can't trust the other animals around him. When I went to feed him this morning he was all purrs.  He was clumsy  but that's because he can't see like he could without the cone. He was very excited to get head pets and his food.  He doesn't like it when we pet him where he can't see.

Here is a sad picture of what his tail currently looks like:

What you can't see in this picture is that there are some open red sores on the other side, and from this angle he is hiding most of the stitches   It doesn't look terrible, but it looks painful.  We have to put a cream on it twice a day to help with the healing and to help keep out infection. He's also got some sore toes.  The poor little guy really managed to get himself hurt. If the circulation to the tip doesn't improve he may lose the end of his tail.  It seems responsive.  While he was calm this morning I managed to pet it.  It feels warm, so it's getting blood. As far as human limbs go, that's good news so I am thinking it can't be too different for cats.

Anyway, I am going to eat some lunch and finish getting dressed for work.  I've got a decent sized shift this evening, and I managed to double my shift last night by swapping with someone.  Take care of yourself.  We'll keep you updated on the poor kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment