Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Dear Doll-face,

Sorry I'm a little late, but I got pretty busy the last couple of days... sort of anyways.

Both of our roommates have moved out, and no one has expressed any interest in moving in with us, so it looks like it's just your brother and I for the rest of the winter. Once I work my way up to more full time hours this won't be a problem.. but starting out I'm only written in for 26 hours a pay period (so that means 26 hours every two weeks).  We knew I'd be taking an hour cut once I got out of training, but we didn't know nearly how much of a cut.  The trick is answering my phone, which I am not use to doing. On about every other day I have off I get phone calls asking me to pick up extra shifts at different houses, so I just need to start answering my phone and working those shifts.  The more I answer and say yes, the more likely they are to call me when they need someone. I've just gotta keep it up.

In fact new years eve I got a call at 2pm to work from 3 to 9... so I did.  It wasn't bad. We had a new years eve party which meant we made pizza and since everyone had the day off from work the next day we didn't have to pack lunches for anyone. I worked hard though since it was just me and one other staff present. I felt so tired when I got home.

Last night your brother and I used the last of my Christmas money to go out to dinner and see Les Mis. It was awesome. It was done very closely to the musical that I love, but it was too far away from the book your brother loved for him to get super into it. I had to keep reminding him that it was based on a musical about a book, not based on a book. That made it better. We had a lot of fun at the movie, and we were the only two people in the theater there to see it. Luckily there was still a showing of the Hobbit happening so it's not like we were the last people in the theater. We didn't get home until after midnight though.

Speaking of movies, I really want to see this one when it comes out. It looks super cute, and lately I've been in the mood for super cute.

Basically as the new year begins, I am just hoping that this year is better than last year.... because I need a good year. For now I'm relaxing, this week will be hectic, I am working a few split shifts, and it's my last full week of training. My next day off isn't until Sunday, but then Monday is my last day of training, so I expect there will be plenty of opportunities to be at home. Once I get comfortable in my job, and pick up some extra shifts at other houses, I'll probably end up applying for other positions within the agency. For now I am hearing rumors of one of the full time staff at my house dropping down to ER, which could mean more hours for me... which I like the possibility of.  I really love the house I work at, and I don't want to leave it.

Anyway, I need to make a few phone calls and take a shower before I get into work at 3. Take care of yourself. Happy New Years Dollie!

No comments:

Post a Comment