Thursday, August 30, 2012

House Keeping.

Dear Doll-face,

We have let the house get behind... way behind.  We got a ton of crap from my grandparents apartment, and in between that Mike has been bringing things that I assume were once Derrick and Amber's.. to say the least the house is a mess. Not to mention now I really am working close to 40 hours a week, which doesn't leave much time for being well rested and cleaning up. Also now your big brother is working and going to school so I've got to start pulling more weight in keeping the house up.

You can't really tell, but I have TOTALLY made progress.
So today on my day off I am playing catch up.  I plan to get the downstairs done today.  The upstairs actually isn't so bad except for the piles of laundry.. I might give in and just haul it all to the laundromat just to catch up.  Your brother got behind when I stopped working Sundays and stopped being able to do them then.  Mike made the front room (formally your cave of disaster) into his own cave of disaster while we were gone for an extended weekend.. so I am picking up some of that also.  Granted the entire mess isn't his, but it's still frustrating because the video game mess IS his. He is the one who has been down playing and watching Netflix in his free time.

So they don't know it yet, but they both have to deal with their respective hobby messes when they get back to the house tonight.  I'm not really asking them to do anything else so it's the least they can do.

Right now I am taking a breather while the dish washer runs. I just went through the fridge and cleaned out some stuff. I have been vacuuming the floor between passes of garbage bags and anytime I get another section picked up.  So far I have dumped the canister 4 times.. there is so much Bella hair.. if you don't run the floor every couple of days the hair starts to pile, and I know Michael has been pushing it off because the last few times he's done it he's always almost accidentally broke the cleaner.  Poor dude.

I'm just relieved because for the mos part I have all the garbage picked up and all the dishes sequestered to the kitchen, I've just got to start putting things away.  Easier said than done, right?

Alright, I think I have taken a good break by writing to you. I'm going to get back into the thick of things.  Your brother will be home in about an hour and a half and I want him to really be able to notice that I've got things done.  Take care of yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment