Tuesday, June 12, 2012

5:00 AM

Dear Doll-face,

I hate you a little bit today.  I woke up at 5:00 this morning to drive you to Aurora for an exam you didn't bother to prepare for last night.

Haha, those old guys who moved to the side so Michael could take this were awesome.
I can see the steam pouring out from your ears.
Seriously, I can't believe you didn't study last night.  When you said that this morning I wanted to reach back and beat you with the nearest book in the car, but I decided not to because when I weighed the pros and the cons to this idea the only pro I could come up with was self-gratification for me.  Consider yourself lucky.

On the plus side I'm sitting at a Starbucks and drinking an iced Chai, which cancels out any frustration that wasn't mostly gone from when I took a nap to your brother talking about DotA in the car. You slept through some great conversations.  Mostly your brother and I decided being nice people always gets us screwed over, so from here on out it's drugs and hookers.

Whoops. I'm annoyed again because your brother just told me we don't actually know if you are going to be able to take a test today or not. For your sake, I almost hope not; for our sanity's sake, I desperately cling to hope that today goes 100% as planned.

On another note, do you know why we call those big trucks on the interstate semi trucks?  We didn't know so we Googled it as soon as we got here. The answer to this mind blowing question is here.

So, I think I'm going to wrap this blog up by telling you that yes we are going to eat at Olive Garden today because I have a gift card and we are poor.  Also, by the time you read this, IMSA will be a thing of the past, so don't get upset about the memory of however today unfolded if it didn't go as well as you'd hoped. It was just another day in our lives, and everyone makes mistakes. Yes, you could have not shot yourself in the foot by procrastinating, but at least you have hopefully learned a lesson in responsibility (On the flip side if you ace this exam with that little prep, you're a bitch and I hate you). You are growing up quickly, and there's no sense ruminating over your previous mistakes.  Take the lessons you learned from them and remember only the sweetness and goodness.  Life is too short for so much worry, and in the end we all just become part of the earth.

Love you.

(P.S. Here lies the answer to all questions you may have.)

No comments:

Post a Comment