Friday, June 15, 2012

Life by the pound.

Hey Doll-face,

Life seems a lot less important when you have to judge it's importance by the pound.. or how much space it takes in a suit case.. I keep going through the list of all the things you have left to pack, and I wonder how many more pounds we have until it's over.  Not enough.

Remember to smile like this more often.
Today I'm full of sadness, and I'm just hoping you can't tell, because it's not your fault.  Right now it may be hard for you to understand what it's like to mate with someone for life, and for that person not to be your spouse or significant other.  You see, Michael is my match, and although there are moments were we can't stand each other, we always pull through because we're together.

We're saying a lot of goodbyes, and some of those goodbyes are my other matches.  The ones that helped me stay in one piece, the ones that kept me sane, and the ones that gave me a friend when all my others were just superficial pieces of status.  They each are a counter weight to my special blend of personal insanity.  I hope sincerely by the time you see this, I will have found a way to fill the gaps they are leaving, or at least a way to cope with their absence.

We've talked about how important it is, to shape you're life in pieces, so when one falls away you aren't left so broken.  This is how I know for certain that you'll understand what I mean when I say it doesn't matter how many pieces you have, losing 5 within ten days makes everything a little bit harder to cope with.

I am a little sister.
I am a times best remembered.
I am the one with the answers.
I am a mother.
I am a big sister.

These roles and these people aren't gone forever, just for now.

My challenge for you today, the day that you read this is to not feel sad for me, but to remember to keep growing.  Add more pieces to your puzzle, and learn something new, discover a new hobby, become a fanatic or a friend to something or someone obscure.  Build new bridges, constantly.  Remember to occasionally look at the world through a different pair of sun glasses.  Be a rebel, be an angel, be a sister, a lover, a friend, an artist, a know-it-all, and most of all, be someone new everyday that you can.  The more pieces you add, the more knowledge you'll have and although you're beauty has never been in question, it too will expand.

Missing you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment