Saturday, June 9, 2012

Seeing Red


You sort of look like an alien in the light, sorry. Actually, I'm not really sorry about that I think it's funny.
I lied, this picture wasn't for my mom, it was for my blog! HA!

Only a ginger can call another ginger, ginger.

Dollie has shown me some amazing things these past few months, if you have never heard of Tim Minchin, I highly recommend starting here. I also highly recommend Storm, especially if you are into any sorts of poetry.

Anyway, on with the letter I guess,

Dear Doll-face,

I hope your mother doesn't kill me for what we did to your hair. 

I have long forgotten the kind of joy that rebellion brings to the soul of a teenager.  I guess I hadn't realized completely in those moments where you convinced me that it was a good idea that this was something your mother would have never allowed you to do.. (I mean she wanted you to wait until you were 16 to get your ears pierced, that should have been a dead give away.)

But I'm glad you like it, and even more glad that it looks significantly less awkward in life than it does in photo.

Today your brother realized how close the days were coming, and I watched him get sad in the eyes as he made a horrible joke,

"Are we losing her, or getting rid of her?"

I laughed out of courtesy. After you leave there will be about a week and a half where it is just me and him, which will be the first time that has happened in almost a year, you know, when we got married.

I'm still unsure of when you're going to get told about this blog.  I keep thinking to myself that I should wait a couple of months, but then I question my own ability to keep a secret. I guess we'll see.

Love ya Doll-face, now I'm off to remind you to study for a chemistry exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment