Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Family Dysfunction

Dear Doll-face,

Melting icing from the travel... it was a mess.
Happy Independence Day! Yesterday was a special level of missing you. We went to my grandparents for grandpa's birthday and it was just Michael and I, uncle Bob, my grandparents, and my dad and step mother. We were pretty miserable for a lot of it.  Lots of family tension.  We took pictures though! I made butter pecan cupcakes with cream cheese icing and fresh strawberries and blueberries.

It ended up looking awful, but it was very yummy tasting and very messy to eat.

Every year grandpa asks me to get him a candy bar, so this year I got him a Symphony bar. Evidently I got it wrong and he wanted a pay day instead... and despite how the picture appears, he actually did like it.

"Where's my money?!"
Of course then it was time to blow out candles. From this angle it looks like he's 47, not 74... which he appreciated.

Like a boss!

Rabbit Season!
After we left their place we went and picked up mom from her house so we could go over to grandpa Snider's and get a couple of things he wanted Michael and I to take.  (More on that later)  We saw Yoda the great rabbit murderer.. Who killed another rabbit later that day. And also stole the latest Linkin Park and Maroon 5 CD's from mom. We are so boss like that.

Anyway... we got home at about 5:30 and had pizza for dinner because we are to cool to cook and we need to go grocery shopping.  I might also add that the house is a minor disaster that we need to correct on my next day off (Friday).  I am so excited for Friday! You'll find out why later.  Anyway.. we miss you Dollie and it was nice chatting with you the other day, even though it was only for a little bit.  Take care of yourself and we'll talk again soon! Call us anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment