Monday, July 2, 2012

Hot Hot Heat

Dear Doll-face,

I forgot how oppressive  this Hot Hot Heat can be in the summer at work. It's not oppressive like, "Hey you! Woman! Get back in the kitchen and stop reading!" oppressive.  It's more like "I know you drank 3 bottles of water in less than an hour but I still think you need to sweat more than you should need to pee and I'm your body so I know best." oppressive.

Screw you body, I really feel like I should have peed by now. All of these thoughts coupled with questions like why the heck I wore jeans to work today are flooding my mind.  I am so used to dressing in layers I forget that work is the last place I should do that until atleast October...

Speaking of opressive, L is oppressing my rights to not have completely scared hands. I offer the court this evidence:
Ouch.


Also, while I was at work tonight a woman came in wearing a black and white striped dress. It was horizontally striped, and it fit her well, but it was her face that killed me.  She was wearing dark burgendy lip stick and had thick black eyeliner and wore tall black heals.  I know she must work somewhere professional, somewhere with AC, but seriously, it is SUMMER. Did no one tell you that black heals were out after memorial day?  At the very least some COLOR would have looked amazing.  (She was also wearing those huge you-shall-not-see-my-face-because-I'm-so-vouge-sunglasses... Woman needs to exit the 90's BAD.)

Today I made your brother deep clean the car, because if it is NOT in tip top shape Wednesday when we go to Geneseo we will get heck for it.  We're going to get enough heck because someone bumped into us and left a ding... stupid people not leaving insurance info.  I probably should have filed a police report, but I didn't. I just hope the scuff marks wash off so it is less noticable.  I tell you that car is CURSED. I miss my old car, stupid tree.

It dawns on me, right now, that you aren't the only person reading this Dollie, so I should probably explain, huh. 

Last year while my husband and I were on our honeymoon, a friend of ours came to our apartmet and cat-sit the L cat (who was just a tiny kitten) and the Killer.  While we were in the middle of the Shedd aquarium my phone went off. It was our house sitter.  She calmly explained that she had already called my mother and told her, but we should know that there was a storm the night prior and a tree had fell over and crushed my car. 

Crushed is an understatement.

It totaled the car.  I don't even have pictures of it anymore because it was so depressing.  Several of our friends had driven by the place to see the disaster. We were the last to know about it.  To make things worse our crummy landlord at the time had us parking in a city lot, not a driveway.  The city *who has now informed all tenents in the surrounding buildings that they SHOULD NOT be parking there over night, or really ever..* claimed NO fault on their part because the tree was alive and healthy. It was an act of GOD.... My insurance company didn't help any because we were parked in a city lot.. it is THE CITY'S PROBLEM. 

The end of this story is that it's actually nobody's problem but mine and less than 1 week into being married we are down a car, a car that I need to get to work.  My grandparents are amazing, they bought us a used one as a last minute "Congratulations you're married now!" gift.  Too bad so far this thing has caused us 2,000 dollars in repairs and had an issue because part of it was factory recalled. Also it squeels. We are afraid to find out why.

I feel like Princess Misa Mononoke Amane (my car's full name... because it's Japanese... don't judge me...) just knows that I don't love her as much as I loved Marie Antoinette (my old cars name, because I had a thing for tragic stories and powerful women).

Gosh I'm rambly today. I got lost in that wiki article about Marie Antoinette while writing this and completly lost track of any plan I had for this blog. 

Right now I guess we're just tired, and lonely.  We talk big talk about being okay but really we are pretty lost. Without Amber, Derrick or you around we lack a lot of focus. I keep diving into projects and obsessing about upcoming family events, and Michael just hides in his video games.  Sugar, we miss you.

Okay, seriously, I'm far too rambly today.  Talk to you again soon dollie.

No comments:

Post a Comment