Saturday, July 7, 2012

A New Meta

Dear Doll-Face,

One candle for one month in celebration of link day.
Hi! It's offically been one month since I opened up this blog and made my first post. Happy Link Day! Link day is the celebration I made up for the day that Michael and I decided it was fair to share the link to this blog with you. 

You see, I was inspired by you and Vanya.  I thought it was a great idea, and a wonderful way to keep in touch.  I wasn't going to be caught dead making a vlog though, I hate the sound of my voice when it plays back through anything, so this was the next best thing. 

There have been a few times where you almost caught me and found out about this blog. All of that bursting you did.. in fact there was one time that I bet you remember.  Once I was upstairs and I was just finishing proof reading a blog.  I don't even remember which one it was, however I heard someone come up the stairs and to the best of my knowledge you were asleep. I assumed it was your brother but then you popped in and I hard closed every tab on my computer.  You even commented on how suspisious it was for me to close all the windows like that.  I was totally flustered.  I have often wondered what you thought I was up to that evening when you busted in.  I try not to think about it...

We cut a slice for you too we wish you were here.
So now I adjust to a new meta.  You see, in the past I was writing to a future Doll-Face (probably one with lasers for eyes and a hover craft...)  now there will be some tweeking because I am writing to present day Dollie (no laser eyes or hover craft, but just as cool)... but I want to lay down a few ground rules for you first.

1) After today, Friday July 6th, 2012 you are not allowed to talk to me about this blog.  You may leave comments on posts... but otherwise, I don't wanna talk to you about it. You can share it on facebook, show it to your mom, whatever.. but you and I, we aren't going to talk about this.  It'll ruin the authenticity if we do.

2) Check OFTEN. I update every 2-3 days on average, sometimes more frequently.

3) Click ALL the links.  Sometimes you'll hate what you just clicked on. Sometimes they'll just be informational.. but sometimes they lead to things that will further expand on the given letter you're reading. Sometimes you'll find mood music, hilarious pictures or articles to explain things to you. Occasionally you'll get links to videos of things that we're watching or doing.  Also it's just one more way for us to SHARE things with you.  Take advantage of it. All of it. (Good and bad)

4) Smile more.  I heard recently that you had the blues, and that makes your brother and I super sad. If you read this once every few days and smile this blog has done exactly what it was made to do.

Okay, that's it. Those are my rules for you. Now I set you free, go forth into the cyberland of bloggerness and read. Start from the begining, read backwards from now, create a randomizing program and read them in random order--whatever. We'll talk soon. Take care Doll-face, we love ya.
Killer even brought home a birdy for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment