Monday, July 16, 2012

The War Zone

Dear Doll-face,

The battle for the house rages on. We have begun to start to battle fleas in the house with as much force as we are battling the fleas on the animals.  They will soon regret the  day that they decided the infest our animals.

It took a lot of self control not to just eat
 the apples by the spoon at this stage.
Last night I made a delicious pie.  It was carmel apple pecan strusel. It was just your typical apple pie, but then we add pecans and caramel to it.  The top, instead of being your typical pie crust was a strusel mix with pecans and drizzled in carmel. I am also proud to say that I made the crust myself.  Suck on that Martha Stewart.   I've been in the mood to cook (read: had a lot on my mind and cooking sort of calms me down) so I've got plans to make your brother a pot pie this week, probably tomorrow night.  I bought pie crusts for it, but I might just make my own again.. I feel like buying it and then making the rest from strach is cheating.

I've been all out of sorts lately, tension is building and my grandmother is throwing down the heat when it comes to getting her great grands.  Ye olde grandmother has made sure to mention when my cousin plans on starting a family.  She doesn't quite understand why Michael and I can't just move out of your parents house and move on with our lives.  I don't blame her for not understanding because sometimes I don't understand it all myself.  I just wish she'd remember that we're suffering at times, and reminding us of how "normal marriages" work isn't helping or making the situation any easier.

The caramel hadn't melted yet, but this is
mostly how it looked. So good.
Gosh I miss my friends.  Miss is really and understatement.  I've been the kind of lonely that no matter how much Michael tries, he just can't fix.  I miss having someone near by to chat with about everyday bull honkey.  I particularly miss having another girl around.  Someone near by that I can confide in.  I know I need to have friends, but that doesn't make making them any easier.  I wish it did.  I made a half hearted comment about needing friends the other night at our roommate echoed it back and he probably didn't realize it at the time, but I nearly burst into tears. I've also been pretty sensitive as of late.  I probably just need a good weekend to clear my head.  Maybe when Batman comes out in a few days I can talk Michael into movie marathon.

Anyway, I'm going to head out for the night, I have an eye doctors appointment in the morning, and then I'm going to order new glasses afterwards from a website my mom's coworker Peg suggested to me.  Holy crap good glasses for so much cheaper...  Have a good day/night Doll-face, we are missing you to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment